Are you fascinated by theater and would you like to take drama lessons yourself? Or do you like dressing up and performing for others? Then our theater lessons are really something for you. The youngest theater students take on the role of princesses, pirates, horses, dragons and much more. We travel with our imagination to castles, deep in the sea, the dark jungle and every lesson is an adventure. Under the guidance of an enthusiastic teacher you learn to play together, express different emotions and build a play with the three W's: Who, What and Where. And at the end of the year you will perform in a real theater for all dads, moms, boyfriends and girlfriends.
The older kids are increasingly entering unfamiliar territory. You practice how to play a role and how to tell a story: not only with your voice, but especially with your body. You learn how to build tension, how to speak a dialogue and learn to use the entire space. You never do this alone, but always together with your group members. Besides that there is a lot of improvisation, at the end of the year you play in a real, large performance for an audience. You will be given a dose of skills that will reap the benefits for the rest of your life.
Why should you choose theater or stage?
● theater is versatile; there is always a shape that suits you;
● you can lose your energy in theater;
● you take on a role and can step out of your daily life for a while;
● acting increases your self-confidence;
● playing in front of an audience and receiving applause gives a kick;
● in theater you communicate with people;
● theater is fun: you do it together with others and have a lot of fun;
● there are regular opportunities to perform in front of an audience;
● you can use a special discount to visit theater performances in the theaters in Amersfoort.
The theater courses are divided by age; we have groups 7-9 years and 10-15 years. Check out our website for current class times and groups - or call us with your question!